Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Colour me Purple!

I was just doing a bit of reading - catching up on some blogs written by friends and experts in the BI space. And I came across an interesting post by Wayne Eckerson called 'Purple People'. In simple terms, Wayne uses the term 'purple people' to refer to those exceptional individuals who can harness all the required resources (Business, technical, etc) for a BI project and bridge the gaps between them to achieve amazing results.

What makes this interesting? Well one of my other favourite reads is the blog and books of Seth Godin, and one of his books is called Purple Cow. Seth talks about a purple cow as something exceptional and memorable... something you'll never forget. See where I'm going with this?

Let me just say that it should be the goal of every BI consultant (and for that matter, consultant of any type) to be PURPLE!!! Be exceptional!!! Go the proverbial 'Extra Mile!' Deliver beyond your clients expectations and give them an experience they'll never forget!

As for me - I have a new favourite colour. Hope to share it with you soon!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment